If your family has phones from the same ecosystem, such as Android or iOS, data exchange is almost seamless. You can create shared folders, send files, and track locations in seconds. However, issues arise when you own devices running different operating systems.
I once spent hours looking for the best way to track my son’s location (he had the latest iPhone) from my Android. The result? There are at least 4 solutions on how to track an Android phone from an iPhone. The best part is that all of them are easy and straightforward to set up.
Whether you looking to track your children’s locations or have lost your own device, follow my step-by-step guide below. I’ve covered each method in detail so that you can get started right away.
4 Reasons to Track Android Phone From iPhone Free
Apart from parenting purposes that drove me to compile this guide, the methods on how to track Android from iPhone are useful in many situations. Here are some of them:
- Locate a Lost or Stolen Device. Filing a police report is a good strategy for increasing your chances of getting your priceless device back. However, with reliable cross-platform software, you can locate your device even faster.
- Monitor Employees. The number of employees who work from home full-time has increased to 30%, according to Stanford’s research. Location tracking software is a great way to ensure complete adherence to the established schedule.
- Ensure Elderly Safety. Elderly care demands constant attention, even if you can’t be physically present 24/7. You can act swiftly in case of an emergency or offer assistance with daily trips remotely by using a remote location tracker.
- Fix Relationship Issues. If you have trust issues within your relationship, track Android phone from iPhone free to discover the truth about your partners’ whereabouts without having heated arguments.
Can iPhone User Track Android Phone From iPhone Free?
If you feel skeptical about how to transfer data from iPhone to Android, you’ve likely dealt with compatibility issues before. However, that’s not the case with tracking solutions I will discuss below. These 5 tools have proven to work accurately across Android and iPhone, so you won’t experience any delays or bugs.
4 Methods on How to Track Android Phone From iPhone
I have tested four methods on how to track Android phone from iPhone, including both built-in and external software. Choose the option that works best for you and follow my step-by-step instructions to get quick results.
Go Google Maps App
The Google Maps app offers a “Share location” feature that allows you to track people from your contact list within a predefined time frame. Follow the steps below to track Android phone from iPhone free:
- Launch the Google Maps app, providing GPS tracking permission.
- Tap on your avatar. It’s located at the top-right corner.
- Select “Location Sharing” from the menu.
- Choose the person you want to track from your contacts list, set an expiration time for the location sharing, and send a request.
Use Find My Device App
Find My Device is a web-based tool from Google designed for locating Android devices. It transfers the GPS coordinates of the target smartphone to an active Google account linked to the device.
As the initial configuration of any Android phone requires logging in to a Google profile (similar to iCloud in iOS), you can effortlessly track Android phone from iPhone free. Here’s how:
- Launch any browser on your iPhone. I usually use Chrome.
- Go to https://www.google.com/android/find/
- Log in to the Google account linked to the target device.
- Choose the target device from a left-side menu. A blue dot will appear on an interactive map. Click on it to see the real-time coordinates.
|Quick Tip: If the target device is offline, the Find My Device tool will display its last known location.
Look For Phone Carrier Tracking Service
Network providers store all client data on their servers, including GPS location. If you need to learn how to track an Android phone from an iPhone, contact the provider’s support center. Alternatively, you can download a dedicated app from your app store if their provider offers one. For example, some big companies like Verizon have such tools in place.
|Quick Tip: This feature only works if the device’s owner has granted data access to their provider. If not, I recommend trying other methods on the list.
Use Third-Party Apps: mSpy
Out of all the cross-platform solutions I’ve tested, mSpy is the most convenient to track Android phone from iPhone free. This app offers more than real-time GPS tracking. It provides 3 location monitoring tools you can use simultaneously: past routes preview, live GPS tracking, and geofencing.
The geofencing feature is particularly useful as it rings my phone every time my son moves out of pre-set areas. so I about his whereabouts at any time without even opening mSpy. Below, you will find a guide with three simple steps for installation:
- Open any web browser on your iPhone and go to mSpy.com. Create your account.
- Select installation mode ‘Android.’ Follow wizard instructions.
- Download and install the mSpy tracking app on your target Android phone (the one you want to track).
So, how to transfer data from iPhone to Android? Once you’ve completed the installation steps, return to mspy.com on your iPhone and log in with your account details. On the main page, you’ll see navigation tabs. Tap ‘GPS locations’ to track the movements of the target device.
Can I Track an Android Phone with Just a Number?
In-app location tracking is not as difficult as it may seem. However, what can you do if you cannot install the software at that moment to track Android phone from iPhone free? Well, there are some options available.
As I’ve mentioned earlier, you can track someone’s location on Google Maps if you have added their number to your contact list. The same principle applies to some instant messengers. For example, you can send location-tracking requests on WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, or Viber.
However, in both cases, the target user must grant permission for location sharing. Otherwise, you won’t be able to see where they’re now.
Therefore, I recommend using third-party apps like mSpy, that seamlessly track GPS location in the background once you have set them up.
If you’re wondering how to track an Android phone from an iPhone, forget about compatibility issues. You can use at least 4 methods to find out their current whereabouts using default apps or your browser. Some techniques require only their phone number to get started, such as Google Maps or carrier apps. Easy!
For more comprehensive location tracking, I recommend third-party apps. Unlike other methods, they offer much more than live GPS tracking. For example, the advanced location tracker mSpy offers both location history preview and real-time location monitoring. You can even set up notifications to stay up-to-date on their movements. No requests or phone numbers are required. Test it out to get quick results.