When you discover that your boyfriend has been unfaithful, emotions can take over the mind. Anger, betrayal, and sorrow all rush in at once, leaving you overwhelmed. You might even ask yourself, “How to make a cheating boyfriend feel bad?”
You’re not alone in this. In fact, studies indicate that around 22% of individuals cheat in committed relationships. It’s a sad reality, but don’t lose hope. As a family counsellor, I’m here to guide you through the most challenging times. Below, you’ll find 10 ways to get even with a cheater.
Will He Regret It?
Before diving headfirst into tactics on how to make a cheating boyfriend feel bad, it’s worth considering if he will truly feel remorse for his actions. This largely depends on several factors:
- The depth of his love for you: If he genuinely loved you, the guilt of his actions could weigh on him.
- The value he placed on your relationship: Did he truly value what you two had? If so, the realization of what he lost may make him feel bad.
- His past actions: If he’s a serial cheater, he may not experience the same remorse as someone who made a one-time mistake.
Remember, not all individuals will feel remorse or regret for their actions, especially if they don’t value empathy or integrity.
How to Hurt a Cheaters Feelings: 10 Ways
Feeling a rush of anger and seeking a form of retaliation is a common reaction when you’re wondering how to hurt a cheaters feelings. However, it’s important to remember that an emotional explosion could harm you more than it hurts him. The goal isn’t to plot revenge but to show him the actual state of things, preserve your mental health, and move forward.
Express Your Disappointment
Tell him how much his actions hurt you. Expressing your disappointment is the first step on how to make a cheating boyfriend feel bad.
- Collect your thoughts before confronting him.
- For instance, you might say, “I trusted you, and your actions have deeply hurt me.“
It’s not about making him feel terrible; it’s about opening his eyes to the pain he’s caused.
Keep Your Head Cold
Keeping your cool shows him that you’re not just a hot-headed person. He needs to understand that he can’t break you. You may ask yourself what to say to a cheating boyfriend to make him feel bad. Well, sometimes less is more.
- Breathe deeply and stay calm during your discussion.
- Say firmly, “I am worth more than the way you’ve treated me.”
Don’t Validate His Excuses
He might try to give you all sorts of explanations. But his betrayal wasn’t an accident. This step is crucial in understanding how to hurt a cheater’s feelings because you refuse to validate his excuses.↳
- Refuse to accept justifications for his behaviour.
- Assertively say, “Cheating is a choice, not a mistake.“
- Don’t accept his attempts to blame others or circumstances.
Make Your Attitude Clear
Let him know that his actions have consequences and you won’t tolerate being disrespected.
- Keep your voice steady and avoid yelling.
- Don’t let him rile you up or try to manipulate you into feeling bad.
- Show your self-respect and assure him that you won’t accept such behaviour.
Be the bigger person here. Don’t stoop to his level.
- Don’t resort to name-calling or low blows.
- Say, “I won’t let your choices bring me down. I’ll focus on my growth.”
This illustrates what to say to a cheating boyfriend to make him feel bad about his actions.
Enjoy Your Social Life
Don’t let him think he’s the center of your world. Get out there and have some fun!
- Spend time with friends and meet new people.
- Events, master classes, and conferences are great ways to broaden your social circle.
Cut Off Communication
Taking a break is necessary for your healing. This also gives him time to reflect on his actions, which is a subtle way on how to make a cheating boyfriend feel bad.
- Limit or temporarily cut off communication.
- Block him on your social media.
- Take time to think through how you want to handle this in the future.
Pursue Your Goals
Show him that your life is moving forward, with or without him.
- Set new goals and ambitions.
- Focus your energy on accomplishing them.
- Celebrate your successes, no matter how small they may be.
- Reflect on what you’ve achieved so far — it can be a great confidence booster!
Invest in Your Appearance
Put some effort into looking and feeling good for yourself.
- Treat yourself to something that makes you feel beautiful.
- Buy new clothes that enhance your body shape.
- Pamper yourself with a spa day or a massage.
Your makeover is a surefire way on how to hurt cheaters feelings. He’ll be sure to notice the changes once you start flaunting your new look.
Don’t Get Involved in Affairs
Revenge won’t heal the wound he left. Keep your dignity intact.
- Focus on self-growth and healing.
- Affirm, “I’m too good to stoop to that level.“
In wrapping up, remember that focusing on your self-worth is paramount when figuring out how to make a cheating boyfriend feel bad. Take the high road, embrace the lessons, and never forget you deserve love and respect. You’ve got this!